China's desire to showcase its ability as a future World Cup host received a boost on Thursday as the Asian Football Confederation handed the country the rights to the Asian Cup finals in 2023.
* Jurgen Klopp hinted Tuesday (Jun 4) that he could remain Liverpool manager for another five years following his Champions League success, in an interview with Germany's Bild newspaper. However, the former Borussia Dortmund coach did not rule out a future return to the Bundesliga.
* Sevilla have named Julen Lopetegui, sacked by both Spain and Real Madrid last year, as their new coach, the La Liga club said on Tuesday. Sevilla, who finished sixth in La Liga this season, said in a statement on their website that the 52-year-old would lead their team for the next three seasons.
* US billionaire Rocco Commisso is close to agreeing the purchase of Italian Serie A soccer club ACF Fiorentina from the Della Valle family for around EUR160 million, a source with knowledge of the matter said on Tuesday.
* The long road to the 2022 World Cup finals begins in the footballing backwaters of Mongolia on Thursday as the first games that count towards qualification for Qatar are hosted in Asia.
* The Football Association announced a five-year deal with Britain's biggest telecoms group BT on Tuesday that will include sponsorship of all England teams and Wembley Stadium. No financial details were given but the BBC reported the deal was worth 50 million pounds (US$63.33 million) over the period.
* Everton captain Phil Jagielka is to end his 12-year stay at the Premier League club following the end of his contract in the close season, the defender said on Tuesday (Jun 4) in a social media post.
* The PGA Tour said on Tuesday it will add the island of Bermuda to its 2019-20 schedule. The Bermuda Championship is scheduled for Oct. 31-Nov. 3 at Port Royal Golf Course, the PGA Tour said in a statement.
* Five countries will tour India in the 2019-20 season with the hosts scheduled to play five test matches, starting with a series against South Africa later this year, the country's cricket board (BCCI) has said.
© 2020 Bản quyền thuộc về Báo Ninh Bình điện tử.
Cấm sao chép dưới mọi hình thức nếu không có sự chấp thuận bằng văn bản.